A weekend tour that covers visits to West Germany towns of Cologne, Koblenze and Trier. The Cathedral of Cologne is the most visited landmark of Germany. We also visit Koblenze town which lies in the scenic Mosell valley and the place where the 2 rivers Rhine and Moselle meet. Trier, which is probably the oldest town of Germany and a UNESCO heritage site with ruins from the Roman times. It is also the birth place of Karl Marx the founder of Marxism.
Package: Transport and sightseeing + accommodation with breakfast + tour leader
Additional options: Indian food
Mode of transport: Luxury bus with pushback seats.
Tour Start/End: Select from the dropdown…
Plan/Itinerary: Note: This tour has a risk of cancellation due to stricter Corona rules in Germany which also applies to kids 6yrs+.
- Day 1, ( ):
- 6:30 – Hague (pickup) (Princessegracht 4, Den Haag)
- 7:10 – Schiphol (pickup) (near route 300 citybus stop)
- 7:20 – Amstelveen (pickup) (outside cobra museum)
- 7:45 – Breukelen train station (pickup) (for Utrecht, Rotterdam folks)
- 8:55 – Eindhoven (pickup, passport will be checked before boarding) (near Flixbus stop)
- Drive to Cologne – estimated arrival is 12:00. We visit the cathedral and also have lunch. You have time to visit the treasury and the tower as well. After lunch we visit Koblenze where the rivers Moselle and Rhine meet.
- After dinner, we drive in the direction of Trier to the hotel for overnight stay (B&B Frankfurt Hahn airport or similar)
- Additional options: Indian breakfast, Indian lunch.
- Day 2, ( ):
- 9:15 – depart via Cochem along Mossel river to Trier to visit the Roman ruins of Amphitheater, Porta Nigra, Karl Marx house etc.
- 16:00 – depart to Netherlands.
- 20:00 – arrival Eindhoven station.
- 21:10 – arrival Breukelen train station
- 21:30 – arrival Amstelveen station.
- 22:00 – Schiphol
- 22:45 – Hague
- Additional options: Indian dinner. Lunch will be at your own cost.
- All 6yrs+ must be fully vaccinated. [Fully vaccinated: 14days past final dose of your COVID vaccination namely Pfizer/Moderna/Covishield; 28 days past 1st dose of Janassen].
- To re-enter Netherlands/Germany after the tour, 12yrs and above who are not-fully/Covaxin vaccinated must take a PCR/antigen test on the last day of the tour. Testing can be arranged by Skanda Travels but costs have to be paid by the customer (antigen test will typically cost about 50€).
- No CORONA illness related symptoms when boarding.
- It is a legal requirement to wear a mask at all times by everyone 11yrs+ when inside the bus
- Quarantine is not required on arrival in France/Belgium
- Quarantine is not required on arrival back in The Netherlands
- If you fall ill with Corona during the tour, you (and family) must immediately quarantine. While Skanda Travels will help with the arrangements, costs will have to be borne by yourself.
- Seat numbers will be allocated at the start of the tour. Changing seats outside of family/same group is not allowed.
- 100% refund of your money if we cancel the tour
Cost & Terms
Pricing based on 2 adults occupancy per room *:
|….For each…||till 14-March||from 15-March|
|Adult (12yrs+)1||€ 145||€ 155|
|Next generation (6yrs to 11.9yrs)2||€ 125||€ 125|
|Kids (3 to 5.9yrs)2 3||€ 99||€ 99|
|Infants (0 to 2.9yrs)2 3||€ 49||€ 49|
|1 – max 1 child per adult at child fare (additional children can pay adult fare and join in)
2 – Rate when accompanied by an adult
3 – when using existing bedding in a double/twin room
*If travelling alone, see FAQ.
Day 1: Indian breakfast (6€), lunch (9€)
Day 2: Indian dinner (10€), At Trier, 2 Roman monuments will cost 4€ entry fee each
Terms and conditions:
- The pricing does not include the lunch, dinner etc. It covers for only what is mentioned in the package.
- The rates are based on 2 persons (+ their kids) per hotel room basis. If you want single rooms or wish more than 2 occupancy, please contact email@example.com
- Cancellation (cut off time is midnight CET):
- 4+ weeks before departure: 15€
- Between 4 and 2 weeks before departure: 50% of the cost will be refunded
- Within 1 week of travel start date: refund is not possible
- Seat confirmation is subject to availability of seats. Confirmation will normally be done within 24 hrs. If not done in 24 hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you are a group of 3, all 3 seats may not be possible in the same row.
- Organizers will not be responsible for accidents. While it is not mandatory, it is suggested to have your own travel insurance
- In case the minimum numbers needed for this tour is not met, the tour will be postponed to a later date. If the new date does not suit you, you can opt for full refund.
- Names, Passport number and date of birth of all passengers will need to be shared with Skanda Travels which in turn could be shared with the hotel where we stay in this tour.
- What are the additional costs I can expect?
- Ans: Lunch, dinner – about 10euros each; entry to Roman monuments in Trier – 4€ each; Cologne cathedral
- I’m coming alone. Will I have to share my hotel room with another person?
- Ans: You have an option either ways. If you do not want to share you need to mention upfront in the email and it will cost €50 extra.
- I’m alone. I don’t mind a same gender roommate, but not otherwise.
- Ans: Pls mention this in your email and we will make sure you are either alone or with same gender roommate. You need not pay the extra €50.
- Can I bring a stroller for my baby?
- Ans: Yes. Please consider a small buggy because the bigger ones are difficult to manage during a tour.
- We are a group of 3 friends. Is it possible that we share the same room with an extra bed in the room?
- Ans: This is subject to availability. Mention this in email to email@example.com so that arrangements can be made. Please note that the extra bed may not be comfortable for an adult and so this arrangement is not recommended by Skanda Travels.
- What are the departure points?
- Ans: will be shared in pictures before the trip – usually near the station
- Is this only Indian group?
- Ans: While formally there is no restriction, our groups are usually all Indian. Previous trips have almost always had only Indians in the full bus – a mix group of singles, couples, families and elder parents!!
- Can I bring along a non-Indian?
- Ans: You may, but please do set their expectation that the crowd is primarily Indian – the languages, movies, chit chatting could all be in a different language than they can understand.
- Do you have some pictures of the tour?
Step 1: Fill the form below and click ‘Check Availability’ button.
Step 2: If seats are available, you may pay via iDeal or await an email in 10 minutes for bank transfer details (Skanda Travels B.V – IBAN number: NL23 ABNA 0572 7560 46 (ABN AMRO), BIC – ABNANL2A).
Step 3: We will send you seat confirmation once we have received your payment.