A weekend tour that covers visits to West Germany towns of Cologne, Koblenze and Trier. The Cathedral of Cologne is the most visited landmark of Germany. We also visit Koblenze town which lies in the scenic Mosell valley and the place where the 2 rivers Rhine and Moselle meet. Trier, which is probably the oldest town of Germany and a UNESCO heritage site with ruins from the Roman times. It is also the birth place of Karl Marx the founder of Marxism.
Package: Transport and sightseeing + accommodation with breakfast + tour leader
Additional options: Indian food
Mode of transport: Luxury bus with pushback seats.
Tour Start/End: For exact ‘Tour Start Dates’ please click the dropdown…
- Day 1, ( ):
- 6:30 – Hague (pickup) (Princessegracht 4, Den Haag)
- 7:10 – Schiphol (pickup) (near route 300 citybus stop)
- 7:20 – Amstelveen (pickup) (outside cobra museum)
- 7:45 – Breukelen train station (pickup) (for Utrecht, Rotterdam folks)
- 8:55 – Eindhoven (pickup, passport will be checked before boarding) (near Flixbus stop)
- Drive to Cologne – estimated arrival is 12:00. We visit the cathedral and also have lunch. You have time to visit the treasury and the tower as well. After lunch we visit Koblenze where the rivers Moselle and Rhine meet.
- After dinner, we drive in the direction of Trier to the hotel for overnight stay (B&B Frankfurt Hahn airport or similar)
- Additional options: Indian breakfast, Indian lunch.
- Day 2, ( ):
- 9:15 – depart via Cochem along Mossel river to Trier to visit the Roman ruins of Amphitheater, Porta Nigra, Karl Marx house etc.
- 16:00 – depart to Netherlands.
- 20:00 – arrival Eindhoven station.
- 21:10 – arrival Breukelen train station
- 21:30 – arrival Amstelveen station.
- 22:00 – Schiphol
- 22:45 – Hague
- Additional options: Indian dinner. Lunch will be at your own cost.
Cost & Terms
Pricing based on 2 adults occupancy per room *:
|….For each…||individual cost|
|Adult (13yrs+)1||€ 139|
|Next generation (6yrs to 12.9yrs)2||€ 80|
|Kids (3 to 5.9yrs)2 3||€ 55|
|Infants (0 to 2.9yrs)2 3||€ 35|
|1 – max 1 child per adult at child fare (additional children can pay adult fare and join in)
2 – Rate when accompanied by an adult
3 – when using existing bedding in a double/twin room
*If alone, see points 2 and 3 in FAQ.
Day 1: Indian breakfast (6€), lunch (9€)
Day 2: Indian dinner (10€), At Trier, 2 Roman monuments will cost 4€ entry fee each
- Step 1 – book the base package (transport + sightseeing + accommodation with breakfast).
- Step 2 – 3 days before the tour, we will coordinate with you for the optional food orders and also send detailed pickup point information
- Important – Make sure each travelers’ passport is valid at least till end of this tour and so also Residence Permit (where applicable). Passport is mandatory to carry. Netherlands Residence Permit is not a valid travel document outside Netherlands.
Terms and conditions:
- The pricing does not include the lunch, dinner etc. It covers for only what is mentioned in the package.
- The rates are based on 2 persons (+ their kids) per hotel room basis. If you want single rooms or wish more than 2 occupancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellation (cut off time is midnight CET):
- 4+ weeks before departure: 15€
- Between 4 and 2 weeks before departure: 50% of the cost will be refunded
- Within 1 week of travel start date: refund is not possible
- Seat confirmation is subject to availability of seats. Confirmation will normally be done within 24 hrs. If not done in 24 hours, please send an email to email@example.com.
- When you are a group of 3, all 3 seats may not be possible in the same row.
- Organizers will not be responsible for accidents. While it is not mandatory, it is suggested to have your own travel insurance
- In case the minimum numbers needed for this tour is not met, the tour will be postponed to a later date. If the new date does not suit you, you can opt for full refund.
- Names, Passport number and date of birth of all passengers will need to be shared with Skanda Travels which in turn could be shared with the hotel where we stay in this tour.
- What are the additional costs I can expect?
- Ans: Lunch, dinner – about 10euros each; entry to Roman monuments in Trier – 4€ each; Cologne cathedral
- I’m coming alone. Will I have to share my hotel room with another person?
- Ans: You have an option either ways. If you do not want to share you need to mention upfront in the email and it will cost €50 extra.
- I’m alone. I don’t mind a same gender roommate, but not otherwise.
- Ans: Pls mention this in your email and we will make sure you are either alone or with same gender roommate. You need not pay the extra €50.
- Can I bring a stroller for my baby?
- Ans: Yes. Please consider a small buggy because the bigger ones are difficult to manage during a tour.
- We are a group of 3 friends. Is it possible that we share the same room with an extra bed in the room?
- Ans: This is subject to availability. Mention this in email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that arrangements can be made. Please note that the extra bed may not be comfortable for an adult and so this arrangement is not recommended by Skanda Travels.
- What are the departure points?
- Ans: will be shared in pictures before the trip – usually near the station
- Is this only Indian group?
- Ans: While formally there is no restriction, our groups are usually all Indian. Previous trips have almost always had only Indians in the full bus – a mix group of singles, couples, families and elder parents!!
- Can I bring along a non-Indian?
- Ans: You may, but please do set their expectation that the crowd is primarily Indian – the languages, movies, chit chatting could all be in a different language than they can understand!
Step 1: Fill the form below and click ‘Send (to email@example.com) button.
Step 2: Within couple of minutes you will get seats availability/unavailability email. Transfer the amount to the account of Skanda Travels B.V – IBAN number: NL23 ABNA 0572 7560 46 (ABN AMRO), BIC – ABNANL2A to confirm your booking (if seats are unavailable at the moment, we will check back with you if availability comes up).
Step 3: After payment, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your seat is now reserved.