Skanda Travels provides Indian Passport Application, OCI Application and Indian Driving License collection services to Indian nationals living in The Netherlands. We will be the agent between you and the VFS (VFS is the official agency contracted by the Indian Embassy for these services).
Why Skanda Travels?
- For DL collection, everything is done on email/courier! You do not visit our office or VFS.
- For Passport/OCI services, you have 2 modes:
- Application Preparation Only: We prepare the application for you and you go to VFS office and submit yourself. We also give detailed instructions of what you need to carry with you. This way you can be sure the application will be accepted at the first attempt.
- Application Preparation + Submission to VFS: We prepare the application for you and send it for your signature etc. Once you are ready, you hand over the application to us in Eindhoven and we will submit to VFS on your behalf. You do not travel to VFS office for application submission. Particularly useful for people living in the south of Netherlands.
- We take the ownership until your application is submitted successfully at VFS. We will not charge you extra in case of accidental errors/process changes requiring repeat visit to VFS – so we strive to keep it error free and efficient for you and for us!
- Fill the form below.
- Immediately you will receive an email with next actions needed from you.
- Once you respond to the email, we will send you the filled application + instructions for relevant enclosures.
- If you opt for Application Preparation + Submission to VFS:
- When you are ready, you hand over your application to us at Eindhoven and we will submit to VFS on your behalf.
- You can expect to receive new passport via courier in about 4 to 6 weeks after the above step.
- As part of step 4, we need some original documents from you to show at VFS. You can collect them after submission of the form the same evening or later on with appointment.
- We usually submit applications to VFS on Thursday.
- Fill the form below and make the payment.
- You can expect to receive the DL via courier in about 4 weeks (usually in 2 weeks)
- There is no need for you to visit us/VFS office for this service. DL is sent to you by courier.
- Cost of this service: 10€ over and above VFS fees (which is 15€ currently)
- Fill the form below.
- Immediately you will receive an email with all further instructions needed for:
- Indian citizenship renunciation
- OCI application
Costs & Terms
- Indian Driving license collection: 10€ over and above VFS fee (15€) = 25€
- All other services, €70 over and above VFS fee. Below table has samples:
|.Service…||VFS charges||Application Preparation only||Application Preparation + Submission||Total Cost|
|Renewal (ordinary passport)||€ 80.51 + €15 (courier)||€ 10||€ 70||€ 165.51|
|New Born (new passport + birth registration)||€ 131.02 + €15 (courier)||€ 10||€ 70||€ 216.02|
|Indian DL collection||€ 15 ( including courier)||€ NA||€ 10||€ 25|
|VFS charges are published here: http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/netherlands/pdf/F-OPS-INDIANFEESBROCHURENL.pdf
For each additional passport/OCI from the same family at the same time, our charge is 50% (35€ instead of 70€).
Terms and conditions:
- Once after successful submission to VFS, the responsibility Skanda Travels ends there. VFS and embassy are responsible further on from that point.
- In case of difference in VFS fees in actual Vs in the example above, the actual fees will be used for calculation.
- Should the applicant travel to VFS office? Ans: No. Skanda Travels personnel will submit the application on your behalf at VFS. Note that there is a small possibility that the Indian Embassy might ask you to come to the Embassy for any clarification they might need. This is out of our control and can happen if you were submitting the application yourself.
- What is covered as part of Skanda Travels charges?: Ans – Our charges include guidance to fill the application form, verification for completeness including relevant documents, travel to VFS office, waiting in line for submission and once successfully submitted, providing you tracking number for further progress tracking by yourself.
- How long does it take to get the new passport? Ans: It depends on the option you choose.
- For new born applications, it takes about a month
- For renewal
- If you do not need your current passport back until the new passport arrives, it takes about 4 weeks from the time you hand over to us. Note: Your passport will be with VFS in this period and so you cannot travel outside Netherlands.
- If you choose to keep your current passport with you while the new passport is in process, the new passport will be ready in about a month. But to collect it, a visit to the VFS office is needed. If you want Skanda Travels to pick the new passport, we charge 70€ for this additional visit + 15€ VFS courier charges. You will get the new passport in 1 week after submitting the old passport to the VFS.
- What are the collection points?: Ans – Eindhoven Centrum. The time and exact location will vary as per the appointment.
- Where can I check the VFS charges for the service I want?: Ans – http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/netherlands/pdf/F-OPS-INDIANFEESBROCHURENL.pdf.
- I have already submitted the application. Can you collect the passport for me? Ans – No.