If you have admired the post card scenery pictures, there is a good chance it is from the Tirol region of Austria….one of the most beautiful, postcard perfect, unspoilt nature! Explore the picturesque Hallstatt, Grossglockner High Alpine, Hohe Tauren National Park, Krimml falls, Salzburg and Innsbruck! Do join in and let us have a fun filled Indian excursion in a tourist bus.
Package: Transport and sightseeing + accommodation with breakfast + tour leader
Additional options: Indian food, cable cars, Swarowski Crystal World, ice cave, dam visit
Tour Start/End: Usually starts Wednseday in the evening and ends Monday morning. Long weekends may be different. For exact ‘Tour Start Dates’ please click the dropdown … :
Mode of transport: Luxury bus with pushback seats.
Plan / Itinerary:
- This tour is cancelled due to Netherlands COVID status turning Red
- Day 1, evening ():
- 20:00 – pick-up Den Haag Centraal train station (Princessegracht 4, Den Haag)
- 20:40 – pick-up Schiphol (route 300 city bus stop)
- 20:55 – pick-up Amstelveen (outside bus station, near Cobra museum)
- 21:20 – pick-up Breukelen Train station (just outside, windmill side)
- 22:30 – pickup at Eindhoven (opp Flixbus stop; passport will be checked before leaving)
- 23:59 – pickup at Dusseldorf Hbf (Flixbus stop)
- 04:30 (next day) – pickup at Frankfurt Hbf
- 09:15 (next day) – pickup at Munich Hbf
- Day 2, ():
- 07.00 – break for freshn-up and breakfast at your own cost.
- 09.15 – pickup Munich (Bus station Frotmanning, Werner-Heisenberg-Allee 21)
- 13:00 – arrival at Hotel Bechelwirt, Kirchberg or a nearby hotel/town. We stay for 3 nights in this hotel.
- Rest of the day is free for you to take rest, explore the beautiful landscape, take cable car to the mountain, go hiking in the town.
- Additional options: Indian dinner
- Day 3, ():
- 9:00 – Drive to Hallstatt to visit the village and Ice caves and in the evening go to Salzburg. If you wish Indian dinner, that is possible.
- After dinner, we drive back to the hotel.
- Additional options: Ice cave (35€), Sandwich for lunch, Indian dinner
- Day 4, ():
- 9.30 – We drive thru Hohe Tauren National Park to visit either Krimml falls OR Kaprun Dam, and either Kaunertal or GrossGlockner moutain drive. The entry fees to the mountain drive is included in the ticket price!
- evening: If you wish for Indian dinner, that is possible. After dinner, depart to our hotel.
- Additional options: Kaprun Dam (28€), Sandwich for lunch, Indian dinner
- Day 5, ():
- We go towards Innsbruck. We visit the Swarowski Krystal World and Innsbruck town.
- 18:00 depart to Netherlands. Dinner will be on the way at a highway hotel.
- 18:00 drop off at Innsbruck Hbf for Munich folks
- Addtional options: Swarowski (20€), Indian lunch, Indian dinner
- Day 6, ():
- 18:00 (previous day) drop off at Innsbruck Hbf for Munich folks
- 5:00AM – Arrival, Rheydt, Mönchengladbach (dropoff for folks from Dusseldorf, Cologne)
- 6:00AM – Arrival, Eindhoven
- 7:00AM – Arrival, Breukelen train station (near Utrecht)
- 7:30AM – Arrival, Amstelveen
- 8:00AM – Arrival, Schiphol
- 8:30AM – Arrival, Den Haag
Costs & Terms
Pricing based on 2 adults (+ their children) occupancy per room*:
|….For each…||per person cost|
|Adult (13yrs+)1||€ 395|
|Next generation (6yrs to 12.9yrs)2||€ 299|
|Kids (3 to 5.9yrs)2 3||€ 199|
|Infants (0 to 2.9yrs)2 3||€ 125|
|1 – maximum 1 child per adult (additional children can pay adult fare and join in)
2 – Rate when accompanied by an adult
3 – when using existing bedding in a double/twin room
*If you are alone, see FAQ below.
Either Krimml Falls – 5€ OR Kaprun dam – € 24 (depending on weather/season), ice cave at Hallstatt – 35€, Swarowski Krystalworld – 20€. Entry fee to mountain road is included in the bus ticket price. Children upto 5yrs are usually free and children 6yrs and above are charged at 50% of entry costs. For food you can consider about – €120 for 4 days per adult.
- Step 1 – book the base package (transport + sightseeing + accommodation with breakfast).
- Step 2 – 7 days before the tour, we will coordinate with you for the additional options and also send detailed pickup point information
- Important: Before booking please make sure your passport and RP/visa are valid till the date you are back home from the tour. Make sure you have read the COVID rules. We will send you a reminder about this 7 days before the tour.
- The pricing does not include any other entry fees, lunch, dinner etc. It covers for only what is mentioned in the package.
- The rates are based on 2 persons (+ their kids) per hotel room. If you want single rooms or wish more than 2 beds/occupancy, please contact email@example.com
- Cancellation (cut off time is midnight CET):
- Till 4 weeks before the tour start date: 15€ per request
- Till 2 weeks before the tour start: 50% of the cost will be refunded
- Within 2 weeks of the tour start: 25% will be refunded
- Within 1 week of tour start: 100€ per passenger
- Seat confirmation is subject to availability of seats. When seats are available, confirmation is done immediately. If not done in 2hrs hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (0031) 655 456 091 between 10AM and 8PM.
- Skanda Travels will not be responsible for accidents/medical treatments. It is recommended to have your own travel insurance.
- Seating is usually done in the order of booking confirmation. If you need front/middle seats only, they you have the possibility to book them by paying a premium of 25€ per seat. Please contact Skanda Travels for this option.
Rules as of 24-June:
- All 18yrs+ must be 22days past first COVID vaccination (at least first vaccination on or before 7-July)
- Children between 10yrs and 18yrs must show negative test result taken within 48hrs of travel start date.
- Each traveler must not have travelled outside Netherlands (or other risk free countries) for at least 14 days prior to this tour.
- No CORONA illness related complaints when boarding.
- mask should be worn at all times by everyone 6yrs+ when inside the bus
- mask may be required to be worn at the visiting points. This will be announced by the tour leader at the time of travel
- quarantine is not required on arrival at Austria
- quarantine is not required on arrival back in The Netherlands
- If you fall ill with Corona during the tour, you (and family) must immediately quarantine. While Skanda Travels will help with the arrangements, costs will have to be borne by yourself.
- Any further updates to COVID rules will be updated here and also communicated separately by email to all persons who have already booked the tour.
- What are the other costs I need to keep in mind?
- Ans: The following are the optional costs depending on what you want to do: The Kaprun dam – € 24, ice cave at Hallstatt – € 35, Swarowski Krystalworld – € 20. Entry to Kaunertal or Grossglockner mountain drive is included in the bus ticket price. Children upto 5 are usually free and children 6 and above are charged at 50% of entry costs. For food you can consider about – €120 for 4 days per adult.
- Are the tickets to the attractions reserved ahead or do we need to buy on arrival?
- Ans: Skanda Travels will reserve the tickets in advance for the group and make necessary arrangements so that you do not have to wait in line for the tickets. Once your reservation is complete, Skanda Travels will communicate with you on how this will be arranged.
- Do you arrange for Indian lunch/dinner?
- Ans: Indian dinner is possible all days. Additionally Indian lunch is possible on the last day. Once your reservation is complete, Skanda Travels will communicate with you on how this will be arranged.
- I am a vegetarian. Will I have options?
- Ans: Yes. When Indian food is not possible, you have possibility for sandwich, pizza, pasta, fries etc. Once your reservation is complete, Skanda Travels will communicate with you on how this will be arranged.
- What is the clothing needed?
- Ans: Check the weather a couple of days in advance and wear accordingly.
- Will my child get a seat in the bus?
- Yes. By law everyone in the bus needs to be provided a seat irrespective of the age.
- Can I bring a stroller for my child?
- Ans: Yes. We suggest you bring a ‘travel buggy’ which are small strollers instead of the bulky ones.
- I’m coming alone. Will I have to share my hotel room with another person?
- Ans: You have an option either ways. If you do not want to share you need to mention upfront in the email and it will cost €120 extra.
- I’m alone. I don’t mind a same gender roommate, but not otherwise.
- Ans: Pls mention this in your email and we will make sure you are either alone or with same gender roommate. You need not pay the extra €120.
- We are a group of 3 friends. Is it possible that we share the same room with an extra bed in the room?
- Ans: This depends on availability of triple rooms. Mention this at the time of reservation by email to email@example.com so that arrangements can be checked. Please note that the extra bed may not be comfortable for an adult and so this arrangement is not recommended by Skanda Travels.
- What is the group like?
- Ans: It is expected to be a largely Indians – singles, couples, families and elder parents.
- Can I bring along a non-Indian?
- Ans: You may, but please do set their expectation that the crowd is primarily Indian – the languages, movies, chit chatting could all be in a different language than they can understand!
- The return night journey seems long?
- Ans: True. However the benefits overweigh the discomfort. If not for this night journey, folks would need to take an extra day off just to be pretty much sitting in the bus on the return + pay extra for the night accommodation. Feedback from the folks from the previous trips has been that it was quite comfortable. I think the net inconvenience from amongst the group is for the working folks who might need to take some time off in the morning.
- Will I need to buy any other transport tickets?
- Ans: No! Our tour bus takes us to attraction places. The transport to the places mentioned in the itinerary is already included in the pricing.
- Do you have some pictures of the tour?
- Here it is:
Step 1: Fill the form below and click ‘Send (to firstname.lastname@example.org) button.
Step 2: Within couple of minutes you will get seats availability/unavailability email. Upon confirmation of seat availability, transfer the amount to the account of Skanda Travels B.V – IBAN number: NL23 ABNA 0572 7560 46 (ABN AMRO), BIC – ABNANL2A to confirm your booking (if seats are unavailable at the moment, we will check back with you if availability comes up).
Step 3: After payment, send a mail to email@example.com. Your seat is now reserved.