skandatravels.com follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number)
- When you are availing one of our tours, we additionally collect birth-date and passport number of all passengers.
- When you are availing renewal of your Indian passport/OCI we additionally collect details needed for the application of the these services (address, height, parents name, nationality etc).
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Place a booking request for a tour or (passport/OCI) service .
- When we seek additional information on confirmed orders
- Voluntarily provide information via email.
- Voluntarily provide feedback on our message boards.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- When you are booking for a tour with us, your name is shared with the bus operator and the birthdate and passport number details are shared with the hotels where you stay during the tour.
- When you are using our Passport/OCI Services, your information is shared with VFS and the Indian government for the purpose of renewal/new application.
- In case of emergency, to check with the embassy/VFS
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
How do we store your data?
Our Company securely stores your data at a very popular web hosting service provider located in the USA and also in Google Drive.
For incomplete orders, our Company will keep your name and email address for 5 years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by manually deleting all entries older than 5 years.
If you have used one of our tours or services, our Company will keep all the information you have provided us for at least 7 years as per the requirements of law and up to 8 years allowing us time to delete the data. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by manually deleting all entries older than 7 years.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. You have the right at any time to stop our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of our Company Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, unless needed by law.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, unless needed by law.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org