If you have admired the post card scenery pictures, there is a good chance it is from the Tirol region of Austria….one of the most beautiful, postcard perfect, unspoilt nature! Explore the picturesque Hallstatt, Grossglockner High Alpine, Hohe Tauren National Park, Krimml falls, Salzburg and Innsbruck! Do join in and let us have a fun filled Indian excursion in a tourist bus.
Package: Transport and sightseeing + accommodation with breakfast + tour leader
Additional options: Indian food, cable cars, Swarowski Crystal World, ice cave, dam visit
Tour Start/End: Usually starts Wednseday in the evening and ends Monday morning. Long weekends may be different. For exact ‘Tour Start Dates’ please click the dropdown … :
Mode of transport: Luxury bus with pushback seats.
Plan / Itinerary:
- Vaccine final dose administered for adult passengers before:
- Children between 12yrs and 17yrs if not fully vaccinated, may join with negative antigen test
- Day 1, evening ():
- 20:00 – pick-up Den Haag Centraal train station
- 20:40 – pick-up Schiphol (route 300 city bus stop)
- 20:55 – pick-up Amstelveen (outside bus station, near Cobra museum)
- 21:20 – pick-up Breukelen Train station (just outside, windmill side)
- 22:30 – pickup at Eindhoven (opp Flixbus stop; passport will be checked before leaving)
- 23:59 – pickup at Dusseldorf Hbf (Flixbus stop)
- 04:30 (next day) – pickup at Frankfurt Hbf
- 09:15 (next day) – pickup at Munich Hbf
- Day 2, ():
- 07.00 – break for freshn-up and breakfast at your own cost.
- 09.15 – pickup Munich (Bus station Frotmanning, Werner-Heisenberg-Allee 21)
- 13:00 – arrival at Hotel Bechelwirt, Kirchberg or a nearby hotel/town. We stay for 3 nights in this hotel.
- Rest of the day is free for you to take rest, explore the beautiful landscape, take cable car to the mountain, go hiking in the town.
- Additional options: Indian lunch
- Day 3, ():
- 9:00 – Drive to Hallstatt to visit the village and Ice caves
- In the evening go to Salzburg. If you wish Indian dinner, that is possible.
- After dinner, we drive back to the hotel.
- Additional options: Ice cave (35€), Sandwich for lunch, Indian dinner
- Day 4, ():
- 9.30 – We drive thru Hohe Tauren National Park to visit either Krimml falls OR Kaprun Dam, and either Kaunertal or GrossGlockner moutain drive. The entry fees to the mountain drive is included in the ticket price!
- evening: If you wish for Indian dinner, that is possible. After dinner, depart to our hotel.
- Additional options: Kaprun Dam (28€), Sandwich for lunch, Indian dinner
- Day 5, ():
- We go towards Innsbruck. We visit the Swarowski Krystal World and Innsbruck town.
- 17:30 depart to Netherlands. Dinner will be on the way at a highway restaurant.
- 17:30 drop off at Innsbruck Hbf for Munich folks
- Addtional options: Swarowski (20€), Indian lunch, Indian dinner
- Day 6, ():
- 17:30 (previous day) drop off at Innsbruck Hbf for Munich folks
- 5:00AM – Arrival, Dusseldorf
- 6:00AM – Arrival, Eindhoven
- 7:00AM – Arrival, Breukelen train station (near Utrecht)
- 7:30AM – Arrival, Amstelveen
- 8:00AM – Arrival, Schiphol
- 8:30AM – Arrival, Den Haag
Costs & Terms
Pricing based on 2 adults (+ their children) occupancy per room*:
|….For each…||per person cost|
|Adult (13yrs+)1||€ 395|
|Next generation (6yrs to 12.9yrs)2||€ 299|
|Kids (3 to 5.9yrs)2 3||€ 199|
|Infants (0 to 2.9yrs)2 3||€ 125|
|1 – maximum 1 child per adult (additional children can pay adult fare and join in)
2 – Rate when accompanied by an adult
3 – when using existing bedding in a double/twin room
*If you are alone, see FAQ below.
Either Krimml Falls – 5€ OR Kaprun dam – € 25 (depending on weather/season), ice cave at Hallstatt – 35€, Swarowski Krystalworld – 20€. Entry fee to mountain road is included in the bus ticket price. Children upto 5yrs are usually free and children 6yrs and above are charged at 50% of entry costs. For food you can consider about – €120 for 4 days per adult.
- Step 1 – book the base package (transport + sightseeing + accommodation with breakfast).
- Step 2 – 7 days before the tour, we will coordinate with you for the additional options and also send detailed pickup point information
- Important: Before booking please make sure your passport and RP/visa are valid till the date you are back home from the tour. Make sure you have read the COVID rules. We will send you a reminder about this 7 days before the tour.
- The pricing does not include any other entry fees, lunch, dinner etc. It covers for only what is mentioned in the package.
- The rates are based on 2 persons (+ their kids) per hotel room. If you want single rooms or wish more than 2 beds/occupancy, please contact email@example.com
- Cancellation (cut off time is midnight CET):
- Till 4 weeks before the tour start date: 15€ per request
- Till 2 weeks before the tour start: 50% of the cost will be refunded
- Within 2 weeks of the tour start: 25% will be refunded
- If you fall
- Seat confirmation is subject to availability of seats. When seats are available, confirmation is done immediately. If not done in 2hrs hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (0031) 655 456 091 between 10AM and 8PM.
- Skanda Travels will not be responsible for accidents/medical treatments. It is recommended to have your own travel insurance.
- Seating is usually done in the order of booking confirmation. If you need front/middle seats only, they you have the possibility to book them by paying a premium of 25€ per seat. Please contact Skanda Travels for this option.
- All 18yrs+ must be fully vaccinated. [Fully vaccinated: 14days past final dose of your COVID vaccination namely Pfizer/Moderna/Covishield; 28 days past 1st dose of Janassen. Covaxin is not an approved vaccine in Europe].
- Children from 12.0yrs to 17.9yrs must be fully vaccinated or show negative test result (PCR or Antigen) taken within 24hrs of travel start date.
- To re-enter Netherlands/Germany after the tour, 12yrs and above who are not fully vaccinated must take a PCR/antigen test on the last day of the tour. Testing can be arranged by Skanda Travels but any costs will have to be paid by the customer (antigen test will typically cost 50€).
- Each traveler 12yrs and above who was abroad within the last 10 days must be out of the quarantine regulation(s) for the countries visited.
- No CORONA illness related complaints when boarding.
- There is a legal requirement to wear mask at all times by everyone 12yrs+ when inside the bus.
- In Austria, mask is strictly required to be worn when indoors and in closed areas (cable car, train etc)
- Quarantine is not required on arrival at Austria
- Quarantine is not required on arrival back in The Netherlands
- If you fall ill with Corona during the tour, you (and family) must immediately quarantine. While Skanda Travels will help with the arrangements, costs will have to be borne by yourself.
- Any further updates to COVID rules will be updated here and also communicated separately by email to all persons who have already booked the tour.
- What are the other costs I need to keep in mind?
- Ans: Kindly refer ‘Costs and Terms’ tab for the add-on options. Entry to Kaunertal or Grossglockner mountain drive is included in the bus ticket price. Children upto 5 are usually free and children 6 and above are charged at 50% of entry costs. For food you can consider about – €120 for 4 days per adult.
- Are the tickets to the attractions reserved ahead or do we need to buy on arrival?
- Ans: Skanda Travels will reserve the tickets in advance for the group and make necessary arrangements so that you do not have to wait in line for the tickets. Once your reservation is complete, Skanda Travels will communicate with you on how this will be arranged.
- Do you arrange for Indian lunch/dinner?
- Ans: Indian dinner is possible all days. Additionally Indian lunch is possible on the last day. Once your reservation is complete, Skanda Travels will communicate with you on how this will be arranged.
- I am a vegetarian. Will I have options?
- Ans: Yes. Almost 50% of the bus is usually vegetarian. When Indian food is not possible, you have possibility for sandwich, pizza, pasta, fries etc. Once your reservation is complete, Skanda Travels will communicate with you on how this will be arranged.
- What is the clothing needed?
- Ans: Check the weather a couple of days in advance and wear accordingly.
- Will my child get a seat in the bus?
- Yes. By law everyone in the bus needs to be provided a seat irrespective of the age.
- Can I bring a stroller for my child?
- Ans: Yes. We suggest you bring a ‘travel buggy’ which are small strollers instead of the bulky ones.
- I’m coming alone. Will I have to share my hotel room with another person?
- Ans: You have an option either ways. If you do not want to share you need to mention upfront in the email and it will cost €120 extra.
- I’m alone. I don’t mind a same gender roommate, but not otherwise.
- Ans: Pls mention this in your email and we will make sure you are either alone or with same gender roommate. You need not pay the extra €120.
- We are a group of 3 friends. Is it possible that we share the same room with an extra bed in the room?
- Ans: This depends on availability of triple rooms. Mention this at the time of reservation by email to email@example.com so that arrangements can be checked. Please note that the extra bed may not be comfortable for an adult and so this arrangement is not recommended by Skanda Travels.
- What is the group like?
- Ans: It is expected to be a largely Indians – singles, couples, families and elder parents.
- Can I bring along a non-Indian?
- Ans: You may, but please do set their expectation that the crowd is primarily Indian – the languages, movies, chit chatting could all be in a different language than they can understand!
- The return night journey seems long?
- Ans: True. However the benefits overweigh the discomfort. If not for this night journey, folks would need to take an extra day off just to be pretty much sitting in the bus on the return + pay extra for the night accommodation. Feedback from the folks from the previous trips has been that it was quite comfortable. I think the net inconvenience from amongst the group is for the working folks who might need to take some time off in the morning.
- Will I need to buy any other transport tickets?
- Ans: No! Our tour bus takes us to attraction places. The transport to the places mentioned in the itinerary is already included in the pricing.
- Do you have some pictures of the tour?
- Here it is:
Step 1: Fill the form below and click ‘Check Availability’ button.
Step 2: When seats are available, you may pay via iDeal or transfer to the account of Skanda Travels B.V – IBAN number: NL23 ABNA 0572 7560 46 (ABN AMRO), BIC – ABNANL2A.
Step 3: Once your payment is received we will send you a reservation confirmation email.