A trip to Barcelona during the Christmas holidays. When it is shivering cold in most parts of Europe in this time, Barcelona usually has a decent weather. Add Montserrat, Costa Brava and Girona to the itinerary – and a tour to this region is complete! Do join in and let us have a fun filled excursion in a tourist bus.
Package: Transport and sightseeing + accommodation with breakfast + tour leader
Additional options: Indian food, entrance fees to attractions in Barcelona
Mode of transport: Luxury bus with pushback seats.
Tour Start/End: :
Plan / Itinerary:
- Day 1, ( ): This tour has been cancelled due to corona
- 17:00 – pick-up from Den Haag Centraal (Princessegracht 4, Den Haag)
- 17:35 – pick-up from Schiphol airport (route 300 city bus stop)
- 17:55 – pick-up from Amstelveen (outside bus station, near Cobra museum)
- 18:20 – pick-up Breukelen train station (just outside, windmill side)
- 19:30 – pickup at Eindhoven (opp Flixbus stop; passport will be checked before leaving)
- 18:15 – pickup at Dusseldorf Hbf, Germany (Flixbus stop)
- 23:59 – pickup at Luxembourg Hbf
- Drive overnight thru Belgium, Luxembourg, France towards Barcelona in Spain. We have sufficient breaks for toilet, breakfast, lunch etc.
- Day 2, ():
- 08:00 – stop for breakfasst and freshnup
- 13.00 – stop for lunch
- 14:30 – check-in to hotel IBIS Santa Coloma hotel or similar near Barcelona (we stay in the same hotel for the full tour). Rest of the day is free for you. Simply take rest in the hotel or follow the tour leader instructions for a visit to the city center.
- Day 3 & 4, ( and ):
- morning: We go in our bus to Barcelona city to visit Sagrada Familia, Casa Mila, Park Guell, Montjuic, Las Ramblas, Flemenco dance and Football stadium of Barcelona. Entry fees not included in ticket price.
- evening: after dinner (cost not included), back to the same hotel as previous day.
- Day 5, ():
- We visit Montserrat and visit the sea and go on a scenic drive along the Costa Brava.
- evening: after dinner (cost not included), back to the same hotel as previous day.
- Day 6, ():
- morning: check-out from the hotel and visit Girona.
- Afternoon: head back to Netherlands.
- Day 7, ():
- 2:00AM – Arrival, Luxembourg Hbf
- 6:00AM – Arrival, Eindhoven
- 7:10AM – Arrival, Breukelen train station
- 7:00AM – Arrival, Dusseldorf (connection from Eindhoven)
- 7:30AM – Arrival, Amstelveen
- 8:00AM – Arrival, Schiphol
- 8:30AM – Arrival Den Haag (if the arrival time is too late for you, you have an option to take a train from Eindhoven to reach earlier (@own cost))
Costs & Terms
Pricing based on 2 adults occupancy per room*:
|….For each…||individual cost|
|Adult (13yrs+)||€ 475|
|Next generation (6yrs to 12.9yrs)1 2||€ 349|
|Kids (3 to 5.9yrs)1 2 3||€ 249|
|Infants (0 to 2.9yrs)1 2 3||€ 199|
|1 – maximum 1 child per adult (additional children can pay adult fare and join in); 2 – Rate when accompanied by an adult; 3 – when sharing parents bed in a double/twin room
*For single person traveling, see FAQ points 9 and 10.
You can opt for below options during the tour. Once you have confirmed your seats, Skanda Travels will communicate with you separately to know your options.
- Step 1 – book the base package (transport + sightseeing + accommodation with breakfast).
- Step 2 – 7 days before the tour, we will coordinate with you for the additional options and also send detailed pickup point information
- Note: Make sure you have valid passport and Visa/RP until the date you are back from the tour.
Terms and conditions:
- The rates are based on 2 persons (+ their kids) per hotel room basis. If you want single rooms or wish more than 2 beds/occupancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kids above 6yrs get an extra (sofa)bed.
- Cancellation (cut off time is midnight CET):
- Till 4 weeks before the tour: cancellation charges of 15€ per request
- Till 2 weeks before the tour: 50% of the cost will be refunded
- Till 1 week before the tour : 25% of the cost will be refunded
- Within 7 days from tour start date: refund is not possible
- Seat confirmation is subject to availability of seats. Confirmation will normally be done within 24 hrs. If not done in 24 hours, please send an email to email@example.com or call/Whatsapp Skanda Travels at (0031) 655 456 091.
- When you are particular about seating position in the bus (front/middle etc), it is possible to make confirmed booking by paying a premium of 25€ per seat. Else seating is usually done in the booking confirmation order with minor deviations where required.
- When you are a group of 3 people, all seats may not be possible in a single row in the 2+2 seats bus.
- Skanda Travels will not be responsible for accidents/medical treatments. It is recommended to have your own travel insurance.
- What are the other costs I need to keep in mind?
- Ans: Please see/click the Cost & Terms tab.
- Are the tickets to the attractions reserved ahead or do we need to buy on arrival?
- Ans: When here are sufficient numbers for group purchase, Skanda Travels will reserve the tickets in advance for the group and make necessary arrangements so that you do not have to wait in line for the tickets. Once your reservation is complete, Skanda Travels will communicate with you on how this will be arranged.
- Are food arrangements also made?
- Ans: Yes. Breakfast (continental) at the hotel is already included it the price. For lunch there will be a break and the tour leader will brief you the options where you can help yourself. Indian dinner will be arranged on most days and you can opt for it. If you do not want to opt for it, you will have other options nearby. Once your seats reservation is complete, Skanda Travels will communicate with you on how this will be arranged.
- Is there possibility for vegetarian food in this trip?
- Ans: Yes. Throughout the tour you have possibility for veg food (Indian in most places). Usually about 50% of the travelers are vegetarians!
- I want to send my parents only. Will there be someone to guide them?
- Ans: The tour leader will accompany the group to all attractions in the tour itinerary. As long as they are physically fit for mild walks to attractions, it is not a problem.
- Will my child also get a seat in the bus?
- Ans: Yes. It is also a legal requirement that every person irrespective of age gets a seat.
- Will I get to go to beach in this tour?
- Ans: Yes, but the sea water will be cold and so it will be not possible to spend long time in the water
- What is the clothing needed?
- Ans: During the day Barcelona is usually warm at this time. But evenings can get cold and jacket is recommended.
- I’m coming alone. Will I have to share my hotel room with another person?
- Ans: You have an option either ways. If you do not want to share you need to mention upfront in the email and it will cost €150 extra.
- I’m alone. I don’t mind a same gender roommate, but not otherwise.
- Ans: Pls mention this in your email and we will make sure you are either alone or with same gender roommate. You need not pay the extra €150.
- We are a group of 3 friends. Is it possible that we share the same room with an extra bed in the room?
- Ans: This depends on availability of triple rooms. Mention this at the time of reservation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that arrangements can be checked. Please note that the extra bed may not be comfortable for an adult and so this arrangement is not recommended by Skanda Travels.
- Do the hotel rooms have a kitchen?
- Ans: No. These are regular hotel rooms without kitchen. We arrive at the hotel late in the evening after dinner.
- What are the departure points?
- Ans: Near the bus/train station.
- What is the group like?
- Ans: It is expected to be a largely Indians – singles, couples, families and elder parents.
- Can I bring along a non-Indian?
- Ans: You may, but please do set their expectation that the crowd is primarily Indian – the languages, movies, chit chatting could all be in a different language than they can understand!
- The to/fro night journey seems long?
- Ans: True. However the planning is done in a way that you do not realize the travel. We have sufficient relaxing breaks in between which makes the journey look longer. Except in the sleeping hours, Hindi movies and music will be played to pass time
Step 1: Fill the form below and click ‘Check Availability’ button.
Step 2: If available, you can pay via iDeal or bank tranfer to our account: Skanda Travels B.V; IBAN number: NL23 ABNA 0572 7560 46; BIC – ABNANL2A.